Exploring Business Economics (7-9th Grade)
This course will serve as a fun and engaging introduction to the world of business. While exploring what business is, how it works, and how to run a successful business, students will participate in projects and exercises to encourage socially-minded entrepreneurship that translates into daily life skills and successful habits.
After learning the basics of business, students will create a pitch-deck and present business proposals that include the company’s vision and value proposition; the market opportunity and need; the product and solution; the business and revenue model; and the sales and marketing strategy.
Business/Economics HeadStart Team
Omkar S. Sakhawalkar: FLEX Master Instructor
- B.S. Economics and Statistics at Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business
- Experience working at J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Bloomberg, and Carnegie Mellon
- +5 years experience teaching students at the college and high school level
Jung Suh: FLEX Master Instructor
- M.S. Financial Engineering at Claremont Graduate University
- B.A. Business Economics at UC Irvine
- 2010 USAMO (USA Math Olympiad) Qualifier